6 large eggs, separated
150g pistachio kernels, unsalted and deshelled
120g ground almonds
30g cocoa powder
1tsp gluten-free baking powder
150g Billington's Unrefined Golden Caster Sugar
50g Billington's Unrefined Light Muscovado Sugar
For the topping
100g milk chocolate
100g white chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas mark 3. Place the egg yolks and one white into a large mixing bowl, and the remaining white into another.
2. Place the pistachios, ground almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder and Billington's Golden Caster and Light Muscovado sugar into a food processor or Mini Chopper. Blitz into a fine powder and beat this powder into the egg yolks to make a very thick batter
3. In a separate Pyrex Mixing Bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff peaks form. Gently scoop these on top of the other mixture and fold together carefully - you will need a bit of elbow grease, but try not to deflate the egg whites.
4. When well incorporated, pour this into the prepared baking tin, and into the preheated oven. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the torte gently springs back when lightly touched.
5. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, before turning out from the tin and resting on a wire rack until completely cool.
6. To finish, melt the chocolates separately - the best way is in Pyrex Heatproof Bowls over pans of barely simmering water. Drizzle the chocolate randomly over the torte to create a messy, chocolatey pattern.