Makes approx. 15
Preparation and cooking time 30 minutes
100g soft, unsalted butter
150g soft brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
150g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp cream of tartar
Sweet treats such as chocolate beans
1. Preheat the oven to 180’C (Fan 160C) Gas mark 4. Lightly oil two large baking sheets.
2. Cream the butter and suagr until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg.
3. Gradually sift the flour, baking powder and cream of tartar into the creamed mixture, mixing until just combined.
4. Spoon a tablespoon of the mixture onto the baking sheets, spacing out evenly apart, until you have used up all the cookie mixture. Use a wet fork to slightly press out each cookie before topping with some chocolate beans.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden then leave to cool on the baking sheet to cool. When completely cold, transfer to a lidded container.
See cake-angels.co.uk for more recipe ideas