Prep time 10 minutes
Total time 10 minutes
450g canned chickpeas, drained – reserve 50g to sprinkle over the finished hummus
3 garlic cloves peeled and roughly chopped
¼ jar sliced jalapenos
4 tbsp tahini
1/4 tsp. sea salt (add more if you wish)
Juice of 2 lemons
1/4 cup water
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1. Place chickpeas, garlic and sea salt into a food processor and blend for 3 minutes.
2. Combine the tahini and jalapeños into a food processor and blend for 1 minute.
3. Mix the lemon juice and olive oil together in a separate bowl.
4. Blitz the ingredients in the food processor, while slowly adding the lemon juice and olive oil into the food processor until blended into a smooth paste. If the mix is too thick add some water while continuing to blend.
5. Transfer hummus into a bowl, sprinkle with chickpeas and drizzle with olive oil
6. Enjoy with pitas, warm falafels or as a dip with raw vegetables.
Recipe created by Gerard Murphy, Consultant Chef at Just Falafel.