A sumptuous dinner party winner from the new Tate & Lyle Golden & Brown Sugar 30 Best Loved Recipes book.
Preparation time 15 mins
Cooking time 50 mins
1 butternut squash, unpeeled, halved, seeded and cut into chunks
2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 pinches ground cinnamon
Salt and pepper, to season
50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1tbsp Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar
200g unsmoked bacon, cut into cubes or lardons
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Put the squash and onions into a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and season well.
2. Cover the tray with foil and roast for 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix the hazelnuts, cayenne pepper and Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar together in a bowl.
4. Remove the baking tray from the oven, scatter the bacon pieces over the squash, then top with the nut mix.
5. Place back in the oven, uncovered this time, for another 25 minutes before serving.
More recipes can be found at www.tasteandsmile.co.uk