400g raspberries or a combination of other red fruit
50g caster sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
Dash of port (optional)
50g butter melted
Kelly’s of Cornwall Clotted Cream and Strawberry Ice Cream
1. Quarter the strawberries and place in a bowl with the other fruits, pour over port (if using), lemon juice, and caster sugar and leave to steep while you make the pancake batter.
2. In a large mixing bowl or food processer, seive the flour and salt together, add the eggs, then the sugar and milk. Beat together with the melted butter for a minute until the batter is thick enough to pour.
3. Have ready a warm plate in the oven to place the finished pancakes to keep warm, dusting each with a little caster sugar.
4. Melt a knob of butter in a non stick frying pan and heat on a moderate flame. Use a laddle to pour out a littel batter into the pan, and cook each pancake for about a minute on each side. Test your flipping skills, or alternatively use a spatula.
5. Fold the pancakes twice to make an open parcel and fill two with fruit per plate.
6. Serve with Kelly's of Cornwall Clotted Cream and Strawberry Ice Cream and a dash of the fruit juices.
Thanks to Kelly's of Cornwall