150g self-raising flour
1/2 tbsp caster sugar
Large pinch of salt
1 beaten egg
Butter for cooking
Kelly’s of Cornwall Honeycomb Ice Cream
1. Seive the flour, and add the caster sugar and salt then beat in the egg with a whisk. Then begin adding the milk, little by little, until the batter is smooth.
2. Melt a little butter in a non stick frying pan on medium heat. Test first with a small spoonful of the mixture to make sure the pan is hot enough.
3. Using a small ladle or a tablespoon, pour the batter gently into the pan and leave it to cook for about a minute until it looks fluffy and golden brown. Then turn over and do the other side for another minute.
4. Repeat, adding a little butter to the pan. Keep warm in the oven while you make the others.
5. Add fruit such as blueberries, blackcurrants, and raspberries to the mixture for different flavours and cook in the usual way.
6. Serve warm with maple sryup and Kelly’s of Cornwall Honeycomb Ice Cream.
Thanks to Kelly's of Cornwall