Makes: 1 x 9” Tart
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
225g plain flour
130g Stork block, diced
1 tsp vanillabean paste or the seeds scraped from 1 pod
100g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1-2 tbsps cold water
200g fresh raspberries
300g dark chocolate
400ml double cream
3 tbsps golden syrup
75g Stork block
Oven Temp: 180c (fan)/200c/Gas Mark 6
Preparation Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hour chilling
Bake Time: 25 minutes
1. To make the sweet shortcrust pastry rub the diced Stork block into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Stir through the icing sugar. Make a well in the centre and add the egg yolk and 1 tbsp of water. Mix together to form a dough, adding a little more water if necessary.
3. Knead lightly until smooth, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
4. Grease the tart tin and roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of clingfilm
5. Line the tart tin with the pastry, trimming away the excess neatly. Chill in the fridge until firm.
6. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork, line with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes before removing the beans and paper and baking for a further 8-10 minutes until golden.
7. Over a low heat melt together the chocolate, double cream, syrup and Stork, stirring until well combined.
8. Add the raspberries to the base of the pastry case and gently pour over the chocolate mixture. Allow to set.