Chestnut & wild mushroom stuffing
25g dried porcini mushrooms
2 shallots, finely chopped
½ pack thyme
100g cooked chestnuts, crushed
200g good-quality pork sausage meat
small pack parsley, roughly chopped
zest 1 lemon, roughly chopped
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
1. Soak the porcini in 300ml boiling water and set aside for 20 mins, then drain, reserving the liquid, and finely chop.
2. Heat the butter and fry the shallots for 2 mins, then add the mushrooms and cook for 3 mins more. Leave to cool.
3. Mix with all the other stuffing ingredients and set aside to cool slightly.
4. Pre heat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and just before placing your three bird roast in, stuff the smallest bird with the stuffing. Cook the three bird roast as per instructions. Take the bird out when it is beautifully browned all over, or until a digital cooking thermometer reads 68C (or above) when inserted in the middle.
5. Make sure you cover the bird with foil and leave to rest somewhere warm for 30 mins.
This really simple stuffing goes great with Market Porter Four Bird Roast.
This Christmas online artisan butcher, Market Porter, is offering a Four Bird Roast with all the trimmings, which can be delivered to your kitchen in time for Christmas. Market Porter values to delivering fresh, premium quality poultry to the door in a festive box that includes an assortment of delicious accompaniments to the main attraction, this hassle free shopping experience will make for a very merry Christmas.
The outer bird is a whole, boned free range goose, which itself is stuffed with a whole, boned Gressingham duck. The third layer is lean free range bronze turkey breast and the innermost bird is intense, gamey guinea fowl. To put the jewel in the crown, our butchers have further stuffed the roast with pork, apricot and orange stuffing.
The 4-bird roast is at least 3.7kg of solid poultry joy, and will serve 15+.
In addition to your four-bird, all of our festive boxes contain 454g of handmade chipolatas, 454g of streaky bacon, 454g of premium ground sausagemeat and 150g of free range Cambridgeshire goose fat.