Open lasagne with spinach and poached egg
This also makes a great starter – simply cut each serving in half to make four portions and leave out the egg if preferred.
6 sheets fresh lasagne
1 x 260g bag ready-prepared spinach
1 x 350g tub tomato and basil pasta sauce
Parmesan cheese, grated
2 medium eggs
Splash of vinegar, for poaching
1. Cook the lasagne sheets in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes until tender then drain and set aside while you make the filling.
2. Place the spinach in a large bowl, cover with clingfilm and microwave for 2 minutes until just wilted. Gently squeeze out the excess water and put to one side.
3. Heat the tomato sauce in a pan over a gentle heat.
4. To assemble, place 1 lasagne sheet on each of 2 warmed plates. Use a third of the sauce to spread on top of the sheets, followed by a layer of spinach and a sprinkling of Parmesan.
5. Poach the eggs to your liking in a pan of gently boiling water with a dash of vinegar. Place the eggs on top of the lasagne and serve.
Find more delicious spinach recipes in HELLO! out now.