August 06, 2013 - 14:23 BST hellomagazine.com Louis Walsh has revealed that he will quit The X Factor after the next series having been a judge on the show for a decade Louis Walsh has revealed that he will leave The X Factor after the next series having been a judge on the show for a decade. "I'm happy this is going to be my last year," the Irish music mogul said. "I've been judging X Factor for ten years so I've done it all. "It was never in my plan to be on TV but Simon (Cowell) put me there. I'm very grateful to him but I need my life back!" The 61-year-old shows no signs of slowing down just yet. He spoke of his plans for the future. "I'm going to be managing Shane Filan from Westlife and I'm putting together a new boyband," he told TV Times magazine. Louis has enjoyed success with acts including Shayne Ward, JLS, Union J and Jedward over the years. In 2007, he was briefly replaced on the judging panel by choreographer Brian Friedman before being reinstated a few days later. Filming has already begun for this year's show with Gary Barlow, Sharon Osbourne and Nicole Scherzinger as Louis's fellow judges. Open auditions have taken place in London, Glasgow, Cardiff, Manchester and Birmingham. The hit TV series is expected to return to our screens later in the summer.