nad

Nadiya Hussain rules out joining Great British Bake Off as she signs new BBC deal

Sharnaz Shahid

Nadiya Hussain has silenced suggestions she will be involved with the next series of The Great British Bake Off when the show moves to Channel 4 next year - by signing a new deal with the BBC.

The 31-year-old, who was crowned the champion on last year's show, revealed she will continue to produce work for The One Show and other "programme ideas" for the broadcaster.

"Since winning The Great British Bake Off I've been lucky to have had some amazing opportunities with the BBC," she said in a statement, released on Friday. "I believe that making it my home gives me the scope to work across such a unique range of diverse and interesting projects.

CLICK TO VIEW GALLERY

nad

Nadiya Hussain has silenced suggestions she will be involved with the next series of The Great British Bake Off

"I'm delighted to announce that I will continue making films for The One Show, as well as developing other exciting programme ideas. I never thought this would happen, but it is and I have to admit, I'm going to embrace it."

The TV favourite, who dazzled millions of viewers with her ever-popular lemon drizzle cake and delicious baked iced buns, was tipped to be a possible presenter or judge after Mary BerryMel Giedroyc, and Sue Perkins decided to remain with the BBC.

nad-2z

The 31-year-old has signed a new deal with the BBC

Director of BBC content Charlotte Moore said: "Nadiya is an exciting new talent and it's been great watching her thrive creatively since she won Bake Off last year.

"She has a refreshingly authentic voice, great warmth and charisma and a natural ability to connect with audiences. I'm really looking forward to exploring new territories and perspectives with her."

Activate HELLO! alerts and find out about everything before anyone else.