They have gone their separate ways following the end of the Great British Bake Off on the BBC. And appearing on Friday's edition of Lorraine, GBBO presenter Mel Giedroyc has revealed she doesn't have a bad word to say about her former co-star Paul Hollywood, who will be staying on as judge when the popular show moves to Channel 4.
"I love the guy, genuinely," she explained. "He's a pal and he's a friend. I just don't want any kind of bad feelings or bad vibes. We had seven years together, and they were seven really, really fun, good years. So all good."
When quizzed if she and the other Bake Off personalities - Mary Berry and Sue Perkins - would work on something new together, Mel then teased: "Who knows. Stranger things have happened."
CLICK TO VIEW GALLERY
Mel Giedroyc has revealed she doesn't have a bad word to say about Paul Hollywood
Paul's decision to remain as a judge was met with controversy, particularly after fellow judge Mary and show hosts Mel and Sue announced their plans to remain with the BBC. Speaking at the Good Food Show last year, he said: "I spoke to Mary about it all the way through and she said 'I would go too if I was your age'."
Mary has since spoken about Paul's move with the show to Channel 4. While attending the National Reality TV Awards, she explained: "It's going to be different, but I am sure Paul will carry it on successfully."
"I love the guy, genuinely," she confessed
The 81-year-old then told The Sun: "The Great British Bake Off is going to Channel 4 and I'm sure it will be very successful with Paul. Wait and see. Mel and Sue are brilliant and we had a marvellous time on the programme and that's how it will remain… It's a family programme. Mum, gran, everyone enjoys it and they all get down to baking afterwards. I'm proud of everyone. It gets 14million (viewers) – more than the football!"