steph-mcgovern

Steph McGovern breaks her silence after she was forced to miss own show

The TV star is set to be replaced this week with some famous faces

Sharnaz Shahid

Steph McGovern has broken her silence after missing an episode of Steph's Packed Lunch last week. The 38-year-old, who was replaced by Helen Skelton, is having to self-isolate at home in accordance with the government's coronavirus guidelines.

Taking to her Twitter page on Sunday, the presenter revealed she will remain at home for the remainder of this week despite testing negative for COVID-19.

READ: Steph McGovern reveals the emotional way she is marking daughter's first birthday

Loading the player...

WATCH: Steph McGovern is reduced to tears during emotional chat with Chris Kamara

"Thanks for your messages," she wrote. "I'm fine and haven't got Covid. I'm isolating in line with gov guidelines so won't be in @PackedLunchC4 studio this week. I'd offer to do the show from my kitchen again but my partner would probably leave me. The rest of the gang will look after you."

MORE: Why Steph McGovern turned down Strictly Come Dancing this year

READ: Steph McGovern turned to therapy after night terrors about losing her baby

Steph is set to be replaced by a string of famous presenters, starting with Richard Madeley on Monday. She added: "And with a cracking line up of hosts in my seat... starting with telly legend Richard Madeley @richardm56. We first worked together at @BBCRadio2."

On Friday, viewers were surprised to see Helen in Steph's seat. Addressing the absence, the TV star told the audience: "Obviously, I am not Steph. She is fine but she's having to self-isolate. She's tested negative for coronavirus but she's following Government guidelines and she will be back very soon. We miss you Steph, I hope I do you proud."

steph-mcgovern-channel4

The TV star launched her lunchtime series in 2020

The mum-of-one previously filmed her series, The Steph Show, from inside her house during the first lockdown. After a short stint, Steph stopped production before returning to the Channel 4 studio with a revamped version of Steph's Packed Lunch in September.

Last year, during a chat with Huffington Post, the presenter confessed she thought it would be a "struggle" to present live from her home when she suggested the idea.

"I don't know why I ever suggested it, but I suddenly said, 'Maybe we could do it at home', not thinking it would be feasible, but then within a few days an engineer had been round and worked out that actually it was possible," she explained. "And then a brilliant director who'd worked on Big Brother and I'm A Celebrity and everything, worked out how to rig the house and the living room so it would work. And then we just went for it."

Make sure you never miss a story! Sign up to our newsletter to get all of our celebrity, royal and lifestyle news delivered directly to your inbox.

You're on HELLO!'s global site. Click to return to HELLO! India Go back