Everybody wants a set of pearly whites and some pay a small fortune at the dentist in their quest for a brighter smile.
But for those of us who don't have the budget, here are cost-effective ways to take your teeth from dull to dazzling courtesy of whitening system White Glo...
1. Eating fruits, vegetables and other crunchy foods is good for your body and your teeth. Eating nuts, raw carrots, apples and cauliflowers can help keep your teeth clean by removing surface stains and plaque.
2. Brushing your tongue can also help prevent stains. Your tongue accumulates bacteria, which can eventually lead to tooth discoloration. Use a soft toothbrush and long strokes starting at the very back of the tongue, rinsing your brush after each stroke. This will help remove the bacteria on the brush without re-depositing it on your tongue.
3. Cut the coffee. It's an obvious one, but if you're partial to a caffeine pick-me-up, your teeth colour will suffer.
4. After dinner, try chewing some gum. This stimulates saliva flow and acts as a natural detergent.
5. Choose your lipstick colour wisely – stick with blue-based red and pink lipsticks or clothes in dark colours to bring out your teeth's natural whiteness. To downplay discolouration, avoid warm browns and orange-based tones, as these can accentuate any off-white shades.
White Glo recently launched the Diamond Series Advanced Whitening System (£14.99, available from Boots), the first peroxide-free whitening formula designed to lift stains and remove yellowing safely and without abrasion, all within five minutes.