The Emmys red carpet saw a host of small screen sirens including January Jones, Carrie Underwood, Rose Cyrne and Taylor Schilling sporting the ultimate old Hollywood glamour hair style – side-swept curls.
The slick 'do is a great way to inject some glamour into your appearance – here's how to get the look from Johanna Cree Brown, an Artistic Director for Trevor Sorbie.
Side-swept curls: get the look
- Apply Trevor Sorbie Volume Mousse, rough dry into hair until 70 per cent dry
- Polish hair by blowdrying (without a nozzle) with a round bristle brush, shaping the front either up and away from the face or forwarded if no lift needed
- Brush hair through and put a side parting in with a comb as this is a groomed take on side waves
- Using a 25mm curling tong, take hair in medium square sections, starting underneath, twist hair slightly and tong hair back off of the face
- Don’t rake your fingers through – instead leave section to cool. Also make sure to only tong from the cheekbone level and no higher. For more Hollywood glamour, brush curls through then tong again for a deeper wave .