Although the summer can leave us relaxed, glowing, and with sun-kissed skin, it can come at a cost.
Spending too much time in the sun can be damaging, cause uneven skin tone and texture, and leave our hair and skin dried out.
Work these essential tips into your daily regime and face the autumn months with a super fresh state of mind and glowing, supple skin.
1. Water does wonders for the skin – and for energy levels – the recommended water intake is two to three litres per day
2. Make sure you get your sleep – this will make sure you're well rested and ready to go the following day. Aim for between seven and eight hours
3. Returning to the stresses of the workplace can be hard after a long, relaxing holiday. To help combat stress, don't drink caffeine in the afternoon, this will keep you awake at night and make you feel more anxious
4. Treat your face well after sun exposure. Turn to seaweed to help your skin recover after sun damage. Seaweed-based beauty experts have come up with a new range clinically proven to rapidly reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation due to sun damage.
Repêchage introduces innovative marine biotechnology to recover skin’s luster and provide a youthful luminance that lasts – addressing skin tone, clarity and colour. Products of the brightening range start from RRP £29
5. Masks are a must to help restore lost moisture back into the skin
Look out for pampering and hydrating versions such as the Natio Ageless Hydrating Mask (RRP £11.60) which blends certified organic rosehip and sesame oil, papaya and aloe vera to help fight visible signs of ageing but also deeply hydrate and nourish the skin.
6. Give chapped pouts a little TLC with a special balm or smoothing treatment to whisk away dull, dry flaky skin. The Natio Ageless Lip Smoothing Treatment (RRP £11.60) is loaded with small sugar beads to help whisk away dull, dry flaky skin with ease.
7. Summer heat can leave hair coarse and crimped. Put the moisture back into your hair with oils, or a leave-in conditioner.
La Biosthetique® Paris Methode Vitalisante stimulates the metabolism in the scalp, promotes blood circulation, and improves secretion of the sebaceous glands which puts oil back into the hair.
8. After days of walking in flip flops and sandals our feet can become dry and the heels harden. Use a pomice stone in the shower to remove dead skin on the heels