Finding 'the one' is not always easy – after all, the course of true love never did run smooth – but when it comes to this year's Valentine's Day makeup, our search for the ultimate romantic look has been a total breeze.
Industry expert and legendary makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury has come through with the goods, and we've fallen head over heels for the ultra-fresh, pretty makeup look which features in her eponymous brand's latest campaign, as seen on Pose actress Michaela Jaé Rodriguez.
Pose star Michaela Jaé Rodriguez features in Charlotte Tilbury's latest campaign
Just in time for V-Day, the brand has expanded its now-iconic Pillow Talk range (any last-minute panicked gift-buyers, take the hint!) to include the Matte Beauty Blush, infused with light-reflecting pigments for a soft-focus finish, and new diamond-inspired shades of its shimmery eyeshadow singles, the Hypnotising Pop Shots.
"The Pillow Talk Party is back and better than ever," Charlotte tells Hello! Fashion, "I am so excited to have created even more Pillow Talk magic for you all to fall in love with."
MORE: Valentine's Day nails: 10 romantic ideas we're head over heels for
READ: 3 romantic cocktails to set the mood this Valentine's Day
Love is well and truly in the air, and we caught up with Team Tilbury to find out exactly how to recreate Michaela Jaé Rodriguez’s ultra-romantic look from the campaign.
Valentine's Day makeup tutorial
Michaela Jaé Rodriguez is our current V-Day makeup inspiration
Step 1 - Skincare
- Starting with freshly cleansed skin, apply Charlotte’s Magic Serum Crystal Elixir, starting in the centre of the face and massaging outward.
- Then apply Charlotte’s Magic Eye Rescue with your ring finger, gently pressing around the eye area.
- Finish with Charlotte’s Magic Cream mixed in with a couple drops of the Collagen Superfusion Facial Oil, massaging into the skin and neck and finishing off with the Tilbury Tap.
- At the end, apply the Invisible UV Flawless Poreless Primer, to protect, hydrate and prime the skin before applying makeup.
Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte's Magic Cream, £52 for 30ml, Sephora
Step 2 - Complexion
- Starting from the centre of the face, apply the Airbrush Flawless Foundation in 10 Neutral with the Hollywood Complexion Brush and start to buff this out to achieve a flawless finish.
- Follow with the Beautiful Skin Radiant Concealer, firstly by going in with shade 9 for any colour correction around the face, and then mixing shade 7 & 9 under the eyes to lift and conceal.
- Set the undereye with Airbrush Flawless Finish in Shade 2 Medium, and anywhere else on the face needed to take away any unwanted shine.
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Foundation, £39, Sephora
Step 3 - Contour
- Sculpt the cheekbones using the Hollywood Contour Wand in the shade medium to deep. Start by sucking in your cheekbones & applying the magic cushion applicator on the hollows in a horizontal line towards your hairline.
- Finish off by setting the contour with the Airbrush Bronzer in Tan.
- At this point, set the face with the Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray to melt all the complexation products together for a flawless base.
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Bronzer, £44, Sephora
Step 4 – Brows
- Brush the hairs upwards to reveal the brow shape and use the Brow Cheat in 'Dark Brown' to add extra definition with the precision pencil to mimic the look of natural brow hairs in sparse areas.
- Set your supermodel brow shape in place by brushing up hairs with Brow Fix Clear Brow Gel, starting from the front of the brow, working outwards.
Charlotte Tilbury Brow Cheat, £24, Sephora
Charlotte Tilbury's current Pillow Talk campaign
Step 5 – Eyes
- Using the Pillow Talk Dreams Luxury Palette, apply the ‘Prime’ (Pearlescent Rose-gold) and ‘Enhance’ (Matte Dusky Rose) shades all over your eyelids, then go into the socket with the ‘Enhance’ shade to further define.
- Then, blend the ‘Smoke’ (Matte Berry Brown) shade into the upper and bottom lash line.
- Finally add the ‘Pop’ (Shimmering Rosebud) shade onto your fingertip onto the centre of the lid for a dreamy, disco finish!
- Using the Pillow Talk eyeliner, add Charlotte’s signature feline flick by starting from the inner corner of the upper eyelid and draw a line as close to the lash line as you can. Glide along the upper lash line, drawing a thin line to make your eyes pop.
- Complete the look by applying lashings and lashings of the Pillow Talk Push Up Lashes Mascara in ‘Super Black’.
Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Dreams Luxury Palette, £38.25, Sephora
Step 6 – Lips
- Create a divine, deep Pillow Talk pout using the Lip Cheat in ‘Pillow Talk 3’. Define the lips by drawing the liner just outside the edge of the lip line to reshape and resize the appearance of lips!
- Follow with the Pillow Talk Matte Revolution Lipstick in ‘Medium’ by pressing it into the lips, then use a smudger brush to diffuse and blend with the liner.
- Finally, finish off by applying the Collagen Lip Bath in ‘Pillow Talk’ for a high-shine finish.
Charlotte Tilbury Collagen Lip Bath, £25, Sephora
Step 7 – Cheeks
- Apply the Beauty Light Wand in Pillow Talk 'Medium' on the high points of the face to achieve the ultimate Pillow Talk glow.
- Finish off the look by applying three dots of the new Pillow Talk Matte Beauty Blush Wand in ‘Peach Pop’ on the high points of the cheeks to achieve that gorgeous blush-from-within look.
Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Matte Beauty Blush Wand, £30, Sephora
Step 8 – Finish
- Lock in your look with the Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray for makeup that stays all day.
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray, £28, Sephora
Like this story? Sign up to our Hello! Fashion newsletter to get your weekly 'Fashion Fix' delivered straight to your inbox.
HELLO!'s selection is editorial and independently chosen – we only feature items our editors love and approve of. HELLO! may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. To find out more visit our FAQ page.