Duke of Sussex asks simply to be called 'Harry' as he launches travel project in Scotland

Royalty and Statesmen
1/7 Photo: © PA

The Duke of Sussex made his first public appearance since the agreement that he and wife Meghan will be stepping back as senior members of the royal family was confirmed. Prince Harry, 35, attended a summit for his sustainable tourism project, Travalyst, in Edinburgh on Wednesday. He founded the coalition along with brands including Booking.com, Skyscanner, Tripadvisor, Trip.com and Visa last year.

Before the Duke took to the stage to deliver a speech, host Ayesha Hazarika told delegates: "He's made it clear that we are all just to call him Harry. So ladies and gentlemen, please give a big, warm, Scottish welcome to Harry."

Harry was pictured arriving at Edinburgh Waverley Station on Tuesday night, after taking a London North Eastern Railway train from London. He has returned to the UK from Vancouver Island in Canada, where he and Meghan are currently living with baby Archie.

Over the next couple of weeks, the Sussexes will carry out their final royal duties before they officially step back on 31 March. It has not been confirmed when Meghan will fly back to the UK, but she is due to attend the Endeavour Fund Awards with her husband on 5 March.

READ: Prince William and Prince Harry mourn loss of family member on Princess Diana's side

2/7 Photo: © PA

Harry was in good spirits as he arrived at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre for the summit. 

MORE: Prince Harry spotted in Edinburgh for one of his last engagements as a working royal

3/7 Photo: © PA

In an Instagram post on SussexRoyal, it said that the founding partners are working with the Duke, "backed up by consumer demand, to transform travel and tourism globally so that every holiday people take, every trip they book, can have a positive impact on the destinations they visit."

MORE: The jobs Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Cornwall and others had before they became royal