And America seems to have fallen for Downton Abbey too.
This year's Emmy award nominations are out and the British drama series features heavily in the running for the US TV awards.
It garnered a total of 11 nods, including one in the coveted Outstanding Miniseries or Movie category.
The programme is also vying for success in the Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series for Elizabeth McGovern.
Meanwhile, her colleague Dame Maggie Smith has a nod in the Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Miniseries Or A Movie.
Other British stars to feature include Kate Winslet – who has also been put forward alongside Dame Maggie – for her work in Mildred Pierce.
The Depression-era series, about a single mother who opens a restaurant, fared well – racking up 21 nods in total.
Birmingham lass Cat Deeley was also singled out.
The So You Think You Can Dance presenter was mentioned in the category for hosting a reality TV show.
"Oh My goodness!!! Beyond excited," she tweeted after finding out.
House star Hugh Laurie also got a mention in the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series category.
Another show that scored well was Mad Men. Handsome Jon Hamm and his colleagues picked up 19 nominations in total.
Emmy Awards 2011 - Full list of nominees
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series - Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory; Johnny Galecki, The Big Bang Theory; Matt LeBlanc, Episodes; Louis CK, Louie; Steve Carell, The Office; Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock.
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series - Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire; Michael C. Hall, Dexter; Kyle Chandler, Friday Night Lights; Hugh Laurie, House; Timothy Olyphant, Justified; Jon Hamm, Mad Men.
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries of Movie - Edgar Ramirez, Carlos; Greg Kinnear, The Kennedys; Barry Pepper, The Kennedys; Idris Elba, Luther; Laurence Fishburne, Thurgood; William Hurt, Too Big to Fail.
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series - Laura Linney, The Big C; Melissa McCarthy, Mike & Molly; Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie; Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation; Martha Plimpton, Raising Hope; Tina Fey, Liz Lemon.
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series - Connie Britton, Friday Night Lights; Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife; Kathy Bates, Harry's Law; Mireille Enos, The Killing; Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit; Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men.
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie - Diana Lane, Cinema Verite; Elizabeth McGovern, Downton Abbey; Kate Winslet, Mildred Pierce; Taraji P. Henson, Taken From Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story; Jean Marsh, Upstairs Downstairs
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Chris Colfer, Glee; Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family; Ed O'Neill, Modern Family; Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family; Ty Burrell, Modern Family; Jon Cryer, Two and a Half Men.
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series - Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones; Josh Charles, The Good Wife; Alan Cumming, The Good Wife; Walton Goggins, Justified; John Slattery, Mad Men; Andre Braugher, Men of a Certain Age.
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie - Tom Wilkinson, The Kennedys; Guy Pearce, Mildred Pierce; Brian F. O'Byrne, Mildred Pierce; Paul Giamatti, Too Big to Fail; James Woods, Too Big to Fail.
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series - Jane Lynch, Glee; Betty White, Hot in Cleveland; Julie Bowen, Modern Family; Sofia Vergara, Modern Family; Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live; Jane Krakowski, 30 Rock.
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series - Kelly Macdonald, Boardwalk Empire; Archie Panjabi, The Good Wife; Christine Baranski, The Good Wife; Margo Marindale, Justified; Michelle Forbes, The Killing; Christina Hendricks, Mad Men.
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey, Evan Rachel Wood, Mildred Pierce, Meilssa Leo, Mildred Pierce; Mare Winningham, Mildred Pierce; Eileen Atkins, Upstairs Downstairs.
- Outstanding Host for a Reality Program - Phil Keoghan, The Amazing Race; Ryan Seacrest, American Idol; Tom Bergeron, Dancing With the Stars; Cat Deeley, So You Think You Can Dance; Jeff Probst, Survivor.
- Outstanding Comedy Series - The Big Bang Theory, CBS; Glee, Fox; Modern Family, ABC; The Office, NBC; Parks and Recreation, NBC; 30 Rock, NBC.
- Outstanding Drama Series - Boardwalk Empire, HBO; Dexter, Showtime; Friday Night Lights, DirectTV; Game of Thrones, HBO; The Good Wife, CBS; Mad Men, AMC.
- Oustanding Miniseries or Movie - Cinema Verite, HBO; Downton Abbey, PBS; Mildred Pierce, HBO; The Pillars of the Earth, Starz; Too Big to Fail, HBO.
- Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series - The Colbert Report, Comedy Central; Conan, TBS; The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Comedy Central; Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, NBC; Real Time With Bill Maher, HBO; Saturday Night LIve, NBC.