Celine Dion has put her Las Vegas residency on hold following the death of her dear husband René Angélil. The Canadian songbird will not be performing this weekend or in the next few weeks.
Caesar's Palace Hotel and Casino made an announcement on their website, telling fans: "With heavy hearts, we regret to inform you that Celine performances Saturday 16 Jan and Sunday 17 Jan at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace have been cancelled.
"All of us at AEG and at Caesars Palace have Celine and her children in our thoughts and prayers."
CLICK TO VIEW GALLERY
Celine Dion has previously postponed her Las Vegas residency to care for her husband
The venue went on to say that the megastar's first performance back will most likely take place on 23 February.
The announcement was posted on the same day that René sadly passed away. The 73-year-old had battled cancer for years.
René, who started managing Celine when she was just 12 years old, was first diagnosed with throat cancer in 1999. In late 2013 he underwent surgery to remove another tumour, at which point Celine decided to take a year-long hiatus to care for her husband.
She resumed her Las Vegas residency in August 2015, paying an emotional tribute to her sick husband. The 47-year-old sang The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, while home footage of René and their three children played in the background.
The singer had told her husband: "I'll take care of our kids"
René and Celine's professional relationship turned romantic when the My Heart Will Go On singer turned 19. Three years later the couple wed in René's birthplace Montreal, Canada.
The sweethearts went on to have three children – René-Charles, 14, and five-year-old twins Nelson and Eddy. René also has three grown up children from two previous marriages – Patrick, Jean Pierre and Anne Marie.
Celine has previously revealed that her husband's wish was to die in his wife's arms. She added that her biggest job was to tell him that the family would be fine. "I'll take care of our kids," she told him. "You'll watch us from another spot."
René's death comes one month after the couple celebrated their 21st wedding anniversary
On Thursday a statement from Celine's team was posted on Facebook, announcing René's death: "René Angélil, 73, passed away this morning at his home in Las Vegas after a long and courageous battle against cancer. The family requests that their privacy be respected at the moment; more details will be provided at a later time."
His death took place just one month after the couple's 21st wedding anniversary, and days before the 15th birthday of their eldest son René-Charles.