Skip to main contentSkip to footer

Laura Trott's husband Jason Kenny shares adorable picture of his new bride

Share this:

Olympic golden couple Laura Trott and Jason Kenny are clearly on cloud nine, having tied the knot in a romantic ceremony in front of close family and friends this weekend.

Taking to his Twitter page on Sunday morning, Jason announced the happy news by posting a sweet picture of his new bride posing in bed alongside their pet pooches, Sprolo and Pringle.

"Good morning Mrs Kenny," he excitedly wrote in the caption.


View post on Twitter

The image sees Laura, 24, look every inch the glowing newlywed with her flawless complexion on full show and her tousled blonde locks styled loosely around her face.

The couple, who met in 2008 following the Beijing Olympics, exchanged their vows on Saturday in a private ceremony at the 17th century Hilltop Country House in Cheshire.

The following day, the British cyclist shared a gorgeous picture of the pair shortly after their nuptials with a gushing message to her husband.

View post on Instagram

"24.09.16. The happiest day of my life," she wrote. "With all my family and close friends I married my best friend. We had the most amazing day and I'm so pleased to finally be able call Jason my Husband."

Laura oozed elegance in a striking white laced off-the-shoulder gown, which was styled further with a delicate pair of silver earrings, while Jason looked handsome in a grey three-piece suit.

They happily posed for several pictures upon leaving the church as man and wife, with guests cheering and throwing confetti in the air.

The couple met in 2008 following the Beijing Olympics

In an interview with HELLO! magazine, the newlywed bride revealed that she didn't think Jason initially "liked" her.

"It was at the mechanics at the velodrome," she said. "I remember seeing him and because he was at the Olympics, I was like, 'Oh!' Jason was sat there, drinking cup of coffee and literally didn't say a word, and I was like, 'Oh God, he doesn't like me already.

"It was my first day at the track and he just seemed to keep himself to himself. It wasn't until January 2012 that I started to speak to him. After the World Championships we went on a night out and that was it."