Sir Bruce Forsyth has spent the last five nights in intensive care. His manager confirmed that the Strictly Come Dancing presenter had been admitted on Sunday due to a severe chest infection, and is reportedly on the mend and thought to be returning home on Friday. The 89-year-old star has been spending time out of the public eye since undergoing surgery after a nasty fall, which was caused due to two aneurysms. A friend of the TV personality reportedly told the Daily Mail that Bruce was admitted to ICU because of his age and the severity of his illness, but had been "stoical" throughout the treatment, and that he remains in "great spirits."
Sir Bruce was in hospital for five days
His wife, Lady Wilnelia Forsyth, has previously opened up about his recovery. Chatting to Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby on This Morning, she said: "He is wonderful. He is really wonderful. Especially the last couple of weeks, he's been really, really good and I wanted to take this opportunity to say to the people 'thank you'. "We've had so many wonderful letters and phone calls and good wishes for him and I do believe in all this energy and positive thinking… and he's doing really really well."
She continued: "I don't expect him to go tap dancing… but he loves the show business and I'm sure with a little bit of luck, he should be back." His manager, Ian Wilson, confirmed that Bruce wouldn't be returning to Strictly Come Dancing back in 2014 due to health problems. In a statement, he said: "His sole focus at the moment is to continue getting better and he has made no formal or informal decision about retiring from showbusiness."