Australian actress Melissa George has spoken for the first time about the alleged assault which ended her five-year relationship with Jean-David Blanc. The 40-year-old Good Wife star was overcome with emotion as she appeared on Australia's Sunday Night to talk about the incident, which took place in the couple's penthouse apartment in September 2016. "It started with him on top of me, with my arms locked above my head," she claimed.
Melissa George and Jean-David Blanc together in May 2016
"I just tried to fight for myself, which made him more angry. And he pushed me into the door and then struck my face and I hit the wall and fell to the floor. He stood over me and said, 'Now you're a real actress.'" Melissa, who shares son Raphael, three, and 16-month-old Solal with the French entrepreneur, also alleged that Jean-David "grabbed the back of my head and smashed in on the metal thing where you hang your coats".
STORY: Kim Kardashian recalls harrowing details of Paris robbery
The star, who found fame playing Angel Parrish in Home and Away, told interviewer Steve Pennells that she called for an Uber to take her to a local police station, and that when she arrived police officers called an ambulance. It's the first time Melissa has spoken about the incident. In February, she and her ex-husband were convicted of assault with the judge stating that it appeared they had attacked one another. Both have appealed their convictions.
The former couple are parents to two young sons
Jean-David has refuted Melissa's allegations, telling the Daily Mail: "Regarding the supposed violence against Melissa George, I strongly contest it and have thus filed an appeal against the judgement, which is not final. I have always maintained that I had been attacked first and was only trying to protect myself. Melissa George was found guilty and charged for these offenses."