Antonio Banderas

Antonio Banderas reveals he suffered a heart attack: 'It wasn't serious'

hellomagazine.com

A health scare hasn't slowed Antonio Banderas down. The Spanish actor revealed on Saturday that he suffered a heart attack earlier year. "I suffered a heart attack on January 26," the 56-year-old actor told Spanish media outlets at a film festival in Malaga, Spain. "But is wasn't serious and hasn't caused any damage." The Mask of Zorro star, who was honored during the festival with a lifetime achievement award for his career as an actor, director and producer, also revealed that as a result of the incident, he underwent a procedure to place three stents in his arteries.

antonio-2VIEW GALLERY

Antonio revealed that he suffered a heart attack at the top of the year

READ: Antonio Banderas' daughter flies over from LA following actor's health scare

Reassuring fans that he is okay, Antonio said: "It hasn't been as dramatic as some have written." Last week ahead of his health reveal, the Beyond the Edge star showed off his strength and endurance in a rock climbing video. Sharing a video of himself scaling a wall, the actor wrote in Spanish, "Morning of climbing." He added: "Kisses from #Switzerland. Next stop: my malaga #bouldering #climbing #training #iloveclimbing #escalada #zpiderman #malga #antoniobanderas #allavamos."

Back in January, Antonio’s rep confirmed to People magazine that he was taken to the hospital outside of London after suffering chest pains. "We can confirm that last Thursday Antonio was admitted to the hospital after having experienced chest pain while exercising," the statement read. "However, Antonio was released that same day after doctors performed a check-up which confirmed his good health." On January 30, the dad-of-one posted a selfie enjoying the outdoors with his girlfriend Nicole Kimpel. Alongside the photo, Antonio wrote, "Enjoying nature after a startle. Kisses."