Cook up a delicious vegetarian treat in minutes with this recipe for Linda McCartney's vegetarian chicken and sweetcorn fritters, served with Sriracha mayo. Both full of flavour and simple to make, these can also be prepared in advance and heated through before serving for an easy weeknight dinner.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
MORE: See all of our delicious recipes here
For the sweetcorn cakes:
- 500g of drained sweetcorn
- 180g Linda McCartney’s Vegetarian Pulled Chicken
- 1 stick of lemongrass (finely chopped)
- ½ red chilli finely chopped
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- A good handful of chopped coriander
- 3 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 80g self raising flour (sieved)
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the Sriracha mayo (mix together)
- 70g mayo
- A good squirt of sriracha
- juice of half lime
- In a bowl, place all the sweetcorn cake ingredients apart from the eggs and flour, and mix together. Add the eggs and mix in, then add the sieved flour, if the mix is too wet then add a little more flour.
- Put a lightly oiled non stick pan over a medium heat, when hot, drop tablespoon fulls of the mix into the pan, pat them down a little to make them even and cook for about three minutes on each side.
- Serve with the Sriracha mayo.
Sample more of Linda McCartney's meat-free dishes and learn more about a vegetarian lifestyle this National Vegetarian Week at 'Linda's Veggie Table', hosted by Jay McGuinness between 18-20 May. Tickets cost £10 and are available to book at eventbrite.co.uk/e/linda-mccartneys-veggie-table-tickets- 33887794305.
Keep up to date with the latest food news and recipes here.