The Twitterverse is agog with excitement over Dakota Johnson's casting in Fifty Shades of Grey opposite British actor Charlie Hunnam. Most thrilled is the young beauty's mother Melanie Griffiths who tweeted: "My beautiful child Dakota has been chosen to play Anna Steele in 50 Shades!!! Look out world! Here she comes!!!"
Very little is known about Dakota – except that she comes across as sweet, modest and softly spoken despite being third generation Hollywood stock. HELLO! has unearthed ten fascinating facts about the girl everyone's talking about.
- She is Melanie's daughter with Miami Vice star Don Johnson.
- Her maternal grandmother is Hitchcock actress Tippi Hedren.
- In 1999, aged nine, she made her film debut in Crazy in Alabama where she and her half-sister, Stella Banderas, played daughters to their real-life mother. The film was directed by her stepfather, Antonio Banderas.
- She grew up in Colorado and attended Aspen Community School.
- On leaving school she signed with IMG models and has starred in campaigns for Mango jeans line.
- In 2006, Dakota was chosen to be Miss Golden Globe – a role traditionally conferred on the daughter of a celebrity and that involves assisting in the ceremony. Her mum previously had the honour in 1975.
- Her friends include Paris Hilton and Mary-Kate Olsen.
- Viewers of The Social Network will remember her love scene with Justin Timberlake's character.
- Despite being in the film about social media, she doesn't have a Facebook page. "I was on Facebook until I caught myself being a psycho stalker. That's when I chose to stop."
- About her love life the actress will only say that she prefers long-term relationships and has been dating the same guy for a while. Back in 2010 her boyfriend was Noah Gersh, a musician in a band called HoneyChild.