Vin Diesel confirms: 'Furious 8 is a go!'

hellomagazine.com

Vin Diesel has confirmed that there will be an eighth chapter in the Fast & Furious franchise. The actor made the big announcement himself while attending CinemaCon on Thursday, promising fans that the new film will be the "best movie you've ever seen".

"Furious 8 is a go!" the 47-year-old proudly confirmed, before revealing that the action flick, which is sure to include thrilling car races and crime drama, will hit cinema screens on 14 April 2017.

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE

vin-diesel-VIEW GALLERY

Vin Diesel has confirmed there will be an eighth Fast & Furious film



To coincide with Vin's announcement, Universal released the first poster from Fast & Furious 8 on Thursday on their Instagram account. It shows Vin's character Dominic Toretto in front of New York's Empire State Building with the tagline, "New City New Vengeance."

The storyline is still under wraps, but Vin did spill some secrets during his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live on 30 March. "Kurt Russell came in for this movie (Furious 7), but we really hired him for a story that follows this, that takes place on New York," he said.

"You know these films I think of them in advance. I think of them as trilogies. So just some cool stuff that not everybody knows about."

vin-diesel2-VIEW GALLERY

Vin Diesel made the announcement while attending CinemaCon



Confirmation of the new film comes after Furious 7 passed the $300million mark in the States, and hit the $1.15billion mark internationally. The movie, which was released earlier this month, marks Paul Walker's final contribution to the Furious franchise. The actor tragically passed away in a car crash at the age of 40 in November 2013, after filming around 85 per cent of the film.

As he announced the eighth instalment to the series on Thursday, Vin paid tribute to his late friend. "I swear to you and I swear to my brother upstairs, we are going to make the best movie you've ever seen," he told fans.

More on: