Newsreader Fiona Bruce has revealed that she has been approached to compete on Strictly Come Dancing "many, many times". However the 51-year-old has ruled herself out of the running for this year's show because the dancing is too "formal" for her liking.
Speaking to The Telegraph, Fiona revealed: "The call has come many, many times. I've always said no. Not because I'm snotty about it but that structured formal dancing is so not me.
"I just want to get down on the dance floor."
CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
Fiona Bruce said Strictly Come Dancing is too "formal" for her
Despite her reluctance to compete in the BBC show, Fiona is no stranger to dancing on TV and has previously joined her colleagues to perform dance routines in aid of Children in Need.
She wouldn't be the first newsreader to appear on Strictly; Good Morning Britain host Susanna Reid was a runner up in 2013, while Natasha Kaplinsky won the first series of the popular Saturday evening programme in 2004.
While Fiona has ruled herself out of competing, speculation is mounting about which celebrities will be taking to the dance floor in the ever popular reality show.
Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly are expected to return to host the show
Newly married Peter Andre and Coronation Street stars Georgia May Foote and Antony Cotton are among the celebrities rumoured to be taking part, however the contestants won't be revealed until later in the summer.
One thing that has been confirmed is which professional dancers will be participating, with Ola Jordan, Anton Du Beke and Brendan Cole among the professionals set to return in 2015.
Ola sustained a serious knee injury while training for Channel 4 reality show The Jump in December, but has since made a good recovery and even has her ideal dance partner in mind.
"I want a celebrity who can dance, someone to take me all the way to the final," she told the Sunday People. "Peter Andre, please!"