Laura Whitmore has taken to Twitter to dismiss unfounded allegations that she is no longer on speaking terms with her Strictly Come Dancing partner Giovanni Pernice. Following a series of stories published this week alleging the pair have fallen out, the 31-year-old told her fans: "I believe in kindness. I am heart broken by the complete lies that have been printed today."
Laura and Giovanni became the sixth couple to be voted off Strictly on 6 November, after going head-to-head with Ore Oduba and his partner Joanne Clifton in the dance-off.
CLICK TO VIEW GALLERY
Laura Whitmore has responded to reports she has fallen out with Giovanni Pernice
The pair had performed their samba routine to Bamboleo by the Gipsy Kings – but it wasn't enough to get them through to the next round, with the judges voting unanimously to save TV presenter Ore.
After learning that her time on the show was coming to an end, Laura said: "Just being here, the judges, behind the scenes. I don't think anyone realised how much goes on here, the makeup, the costumes, everything. And just to be part of that for a little while is amazing. And if I'm going to go against anyone then, Ore, I mean…"
Laura and Giovanni were the sixth couple to be voted off Strictly
Dancer Giovanni then thanked Laura for their time together on the show, saying: "I would like to say again thank you for being such a great partner, an amazing person to work with. You teach me a lot and I will never ever forget this journey."
Last week, Daisy Lowe and her partner Aljaz Skorjanec became the seventh couple to be eliminated from the 14th series of Strictly. "I'm pretty heartbroken but I'm really proud of myself because I actually manged to survive eight weeks of it," model Daisy admitted during an appearance on Nick Grimshaw's Radio 1 show on Monday.
Daisy Lowe with her dance partner Giovanni Pernice
"I loved every minute of it and I'm never going to stop dancing, it created the most mental adventure of my whole entire life."