HELLO! I’m Charles Worthington and I’m delighted to be starting a new column here on HELLO! Fashion.
I am excited to be sharing with you the latest hair trends and my personal tips and tricks on how to re-create them, as well as all the latest from Charles Worthington Salons and what I have been up to in my role as Creative Director. I may even share some of my ventures outside of the salon…
In my 25 years of owning Charles Worthington Salons, I have always found Christmas to be the most exciting time of year! We plan months ahead on the Christmas theme for the salons and I always ensure every year is different to the last – we have a set colour theme and decorations which I normally buy in a market in France. I ensure every detail is perfect down to our client Christmas cards and in salon refreshment menu! Here are some pictures of The House of Charles Worthington this Christmas – doesn’t it look great?
In light of the festive season I wanted to include some expert tips on creating a glamourous Christmas hairstyle. One of my ultimate favourite looks that I have created countless times at the BAFTA’s and red carpet events is the glamour wave, which my Art Team Director Marc Trinder did on the beautiful Sarah-Jane Crawford for the Mobo Awards last month.
How to create the perfect glamour wave:
1. Prep the hair by smoothing through with a bristle brush to achieve a great finish throughout.
2. Use a light brush out hairspray and wave the hair around a barrel tong from root to tip. I recommend using the largest GHD Curve.
3. Start by waving the hair underneath, taking vertical sections of hair and placing the tong at a slight diagonal tilt forward and twist hair around the barrel- holding the end in place before closing the plate of the tong.
4. Hold for 5-10 secs per section and allow to cool before taking through.
5. Continue up the head each side and wave the hair forwards towards the face but ensure each side is waved in the same direction- this is important for the brush out.
6. Use a wide tooth comb and take through from root to tip- the waves will join together, and don't forget to comb through the underneath sections too.
7. Use a strong hold spray to finish, sculpt and mould the shape at the front around the face and spritz at the roots to hold.
8. Finish with a light coating of shine spray
At Charles Worthington Salons we are doing a Christmas dry styling bar to get busy Londoner’s from desk to dancefloor in only 15 minutes and for only £15! Choose from loose or luxe styles inspired by the AW15 catwalks – are you a luxe or loose wave? Visit www.charlesworthingtonsalons.com to book an appointment for a Christmas glamover!
PS: Christmas is the perfect excuse to have fun and experiment with a new look for your hair, so don’t hold back!
Why not treat yourself to some fabulous real hair extensions for an instant glamorous transformation to thicken and or lengthen your hair so you hair looks super-lux for all your parties, you will be the envy of all your friends as you look uber-fabulous in every single selfie!
No one needs to know except you and your CW stylist, your Christmas secret is safe with us…!
Have a great Christmas