The Duchess of Cambridge's hair stylist Richard Ward gives us the lowdown on how to achieve her signature glossy and healthy locks, even in the depths of a harsh and cold winter. If you've ever wanted to have truly royal hair, follow Richard's five top tips - you'll have people wanting to photograph you as much as she does!
Richard's top winter hair tips:
1. Just like skin needs moisturiser, hair needs to be weather-proofed; extreme changes in temperature (including air con, central heating) can be drying to the hair and scalp. Use rich moisturising products to keep it hydrated and glossy throughout the colder months.
2. Avoid over-washing your hair; too much cleansing can strip the hair of its natural oils, which are essential to keeping it hydrated. Aim to wash hair twice to three times a week at most.
3. Once a week apply an intensive masque to damp hair and leave for 30 minutes. This will help restore any lost moisture and leave hair looking soft and shiny.
4. Your hair is a direct reflection of what you put into your body. Fish oils and essential fatty acids are important in maintaining hair health; add these to your diet to encourage healthy hair during the colder months.
5. Style tip: avoid hat-hair at the end of the day by reviving your style with a spritz of dry shampoo into roots.