To honour the father-of-two's birthday, HELLO! Online have gathered ten facts about him that you may not have known.
Peter is the Queen's eldest grandchild
1. Peter Phillips was born at 10.46am on 15 November 1977, at St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington, London, as the first child of Princess Anne and her then husband, Mark Phillips.
2. He was the first grandchild of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, and at the time it was decided that he would carry no royal title.
Peter and Zara as youngsters with their mother Princess Anne
3. At birth, Peter was fifth-in-line for the throne, however 37 years later and with many more royal babies, he is now 12th in line for the throne.
4. The royal has one sister, Zara Phillips, who he enjoys a close relationship with and the two are often spotted together enjoying family events.
5. Peter studied sports science at the University of Exeter, and during his time at the university he played the for rugby team.
Brother and sister Peter and Zara Phillips
6. In 2007, it was announced Peter was to marry Canadian management consultant Autumn Kelly and a year later in May 2008, the royals gathered at Windsor Castle for the wedding ceremony.
7. After spending some time in Hong Kong while Peter worked for the Royal Bank of Scotland there, the couple now live in London with their two daughters Savannah and Isla.
Peter and Autumn with their daughters Savannah and Isla
8. Peter shares his birthday with actress Shailene Woodley and TV presenter Andrew Castle.
9. Princess Anne’s son is known to be close to his cousin Prince William and supported him after the death of his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997.
Peter with his cousin Prince William
10. When Peter was born there was a 41-gun salute from the Tower of London. A tradition for royal births.