Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is being investigated over potential sex crimes, according to reports.
Police have given an update on the criminal investigation into the former Duke of York, 66, over suspicion of misconduct in public office during his time as special trade envoy for the United Kingdom.
Now, detectives are hoping to speak to a woman who claims she was taken to his Windsor home "for sexual purposes" and are appealing for other potential survivors of sex offender Jeffrey Epstein to come forward, according to Sky News.
A source told the outlet that "misconduct" can cover factors including sex offences and fraud as well as finance-based crimes. According to Thames Valley Police's website, they are "examining a number of aspects of alleged misconduct".
The former prince was arrested on his 66th birthday in February and held for 11 hours in custody before being released amid the ongoing investigation.
A new batch of documents released by the US government in January appeared to show that Andrew had passed on sensitive information to Epstein during his time as envoy. However, he has always denied any wrongdoing.
Thames Valley Police said they do not comment on cases relating to named individuals, per national guidance.
King Charles previously said of the police investigation that the "law must take its course" following the arrest.
Investigation update
On Thursday, new details were unveiled as part of a trove of files relating to Andrew's appointment to his trade envoy position in 2001, which gave him access to senior government and business contacts around the world.
The newly released documents show that the late Queen was "very keen" for Andrew to take on a "prominent role" promoting UK interests.
In a memo to then-foreign secretary Robin Cook, senior official Sir David Wright said the monarch’s "wish" had been for the then-Duke of York to succeed her cousin, the Duke of Kent, in the job.
Thames Valley Police Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: "Our misconduct in public office investigation is continuing. Misconduct in public office is a crime that can take different forms, making this a complex investigation.
"Our team of very experienced detectives are working meticulously through a significant amount of information that has come in from the public and other sources. We are committed to conducting a thorough investigation into all reasonable lines of enquiry, wherever they may lead."
Andrew's overseas requirements
The new documents also revealed the Duke had very specific requirements for his overseas trips, including demands to visit "more sophisticated countries".
He also preferred "ballet rather than theatre" and refused to play golf in public.
A letter dated 25 January 2000, written by diplomat Kathryn Colvin, said "he tended to prefer more sophisticated countries" and "should not be offered golfing functions abroad".
"This was a private activity and if he took his clubs with him he would not play in any public sense," she said.
The document added that he was "particularly good on high-tech matters, trade, youth (including primary schools and outward bound projects), cultural events, with a preference for ballet rather than theatre, the Commonwealth and military and foreign affairs".







