The Prince and Princess of Wales have arrived at Balmoral, HELLO! can confirm.
Prince William And Kate began their visit to the royal family's Scottish residence on Thursday, accompanied by their three children, Prince George, 13, Princess Charlotte, 11, and Prince Louis, eight.
They will join King Charles, who was formally welcomed to the Castle on Tuesday, in the wake of news that Harry and Meghan Markle are set to return to the UK – six years after "Megxit" and their move to the US.
The Waleses traditionally visit Balmoral for a stay each summer, though it's not known how long they will be in residence there.
How have William and Kate reacted to Prince Harry and Meghan's news?
HELLO!'s royal editor Emily Nash says that Prince William and Kate are likely "not delighted" about the news of Harry's imminent return.
She told HELLO!'s A Right Royal Podcast, which comes out later on Thursday: "Well, what is intriguing about this is the complete radio silence coming from that end of the spectrum. And what's interesting about it is that they're normally away at this time of year. I imagine they're not delighted about this.
"It's going to be a very, very difficult hill to climb, having them suddenly back in the UK, popping up, doing things publicly, if that's where they go with this. So much has been said and done that has damaged that relationship, almost beyond repair."
Emily added that it's likely the Prince and Princess of Wales will have known about the plans to return, after the King was informed on Sunday.
She said: "I can't see a world in which they would be welcoming them back with open arms. But you would anticipate that the King will have spoken to William about this if he was made aware.
"We believe the Waleses were made aware beforehand. They didn't find out at the same time as the rest of the world. So they've had time to process this."
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's plans to return to the UK
Prince Harry and Meghan will not be returning as working royals and their status will remain the same, with no "half in, half out" option.
It's understood they will live in a non-royal residence outside of London and have already enrolled Archie, seven, and Lilibet, five, in British schools.
King Charles was first made aware of the move on Sunday and is looking forward to seeing more of the family, who initially moved to the US in 2020.
The monarch reunited with the Sussexes at Highgrove in Gloucestershire last month – the first time he'd seen his grandchildren on the Sussex side in four years.








