Sweet potato hash with chorizo and fried eggs
16 MAY 2011
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 3 sweet potatoes (I used the white variety but you can just as easily use orange)
- 3 inches of cooking chorizo cut into cubes
- 3 spring onions
- Small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- Pinch turmeric
- Pinch ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
Peel and cube the sweet potatoes into 1cm chunks. Fry in a pan over a medium heat in olive oil until golden on all sides. Add the spices, stirring to combine. Cook for a couple of minutes more.
Make a cartouche by cutting a circle out of greaseproof paper the size of your pan. Run it under the tap and scrunch it up. Add half a cup or so of water or stock to the pan.
Cover with the cartouche and let it bubble happily away for five or so minutes until the potatoes are just about cooked through. Season to taste.
In a separate pan fry the eggs until cooked but with yolks that are still runny.
Toss the coriander and spring onion with the potatoes and remove from the pan. Throw in the chorizo and let it cook quickly for a minute or so till just starting to crisp. Set aside.
Pop your sweet potato on the plate, place two eggs on top of each portion, spoon over some of the chorizo and then sprinkle over some green chilli.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic