A Los Angeles court has ordered Halle Berry to pay Gabriel Aubry $16,000 per month to support their six-year-old daughter Nahla. The sum will be paid until the little girl turns 19 or graduates from high school - whichever comes first.
Gabriel Aubry and Halle Berry's custody dispute has been settled four years after their relationship ended
The Oscar-winning actress must handover $115,000 in back payments and $300,000 to cover his legal costs. According to court documents the couple share custody of Nahla, while Gabriel, a French-Canadian model, is often seen taking Nahla to school.
Halle will pay her daughter's tuition but healthcare costs will be split.
Since the couple split in 2010, the Hollywood beauty has found love again with husband Olivier Martinez. They tied the knot in his native France on July 13, 2013 and Halle gave birth to their son, Maceo, a few months later, aged 47.
Gabriel Aubry is often seen taking Nahla to school
Initially, when the relationship ended, the break up seemed amicable. Montreal-born Gabriel even released a statement saying: "Halle is, and will forever be, one of the most special and beautiful people that I have ever known and I am certain that we will continue to have only love and respect for one another."
Sadly, they soon became locked in a difficult custory battle, centering on Halle's wish to move their child to France. Then in 2012, Gabriel and Olivier had a fight outside the X-Men star's home.
Biggest child custody payments
- When Charlie Sheen divorced Brooke Mueller in 2011, the mother of twins Bob and Max, he was ordered to pay $55,000 a month in child support. In addition, Charlie pays $50,000 each month to ex-wife Denise Richards, mother of daughters Sam and Lola.
- In a 2009 settlement hip hop mogul Russell Simmons agreed to pay $40,000 a month to ex-wifeKimora Lee Simmons for their daughters Ming and Aoki until they reach the age of 19.
- Rapper Nas and ex-wife Kelis divorced in 2009 when she was seven months pregnant with the couple's son, Knight. He was ordered to pay $40,000 in monthly child support payments, but MTV reported in 2011 that the sum was later reduced to $25,000.
- It is not known how much Linda Evangelista receives from François-Henri Pinault, the father of her son Augustin. The supermodel had initially claimed $46,000, which she said was the cost of bodyguards and a 24-hour nanny. They eventually settled out of court with a source saying the French billionaire had "gone a long way toward meeting her original demands".
- Mel Gibson will have to hand over $20,000 a month to Oksana Grigorieva for their four-year-old daughter Lucia until she is 18. Oksana was recently ordered to give back half of the $750,000 lump sum she received from the actor after breaking a confidentiality agreement.