All eyes were on Amal Alamuddin at her wedding celebrations to George Clooney, but there was another raven-haired beauty who stood out from the crowd – Amal's sister Tala.
In the latest issue of HELLO! magazine out now, Tala is seen jumping for joy in her dressing gown ahead of the nuptials, as she sees her beautiful sibling for the first time in her Oscar de la Renta wedding dress.
Read on for five things you need to know about Tala...
CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE
Tala (left) and her bride sister Amal Alamuddin the day before the wedding
1. Ever the good sister, Tala was on hand to help Amal get ready on her wedding day, alongside their mother Baria. While George and Amal had decided not to have a best man or maid of honour – as the actor told HELLO!, "It's such a small group we felt that they were all part of the ceremony," – Tala's 12-year-old daughter Mia Hamiyeh played the starring role of flower girl. The mother-daughter duo helped arrange Amal's weighty train before she made her grand entrance.
2. Much like Amal, Tala is somewhat of a clothes horse. The brunette beauty first drew eyes when she was pictured boarding a taxi boat headed for the rehearsal dinner in a bright blue, strapless gown. On the day of her sister's wedding, Tala donned a spectacular silver grey number featuring a peplum bodice.
3. Guests from more than 30 countries flew in to attend George and Amal's wedding, with Tala especially arriving from Singapore, where she is based and lives with her family and German shepherd dog Mojo. She has previously lived in New York.
4. Before becoming Mrs Clooney, Amal was known as the distinguished human rights barrister from London who has represented the likes of Julian Asange, and it seems brains runs in the family too. Tala graduated from Richmond, The American International University in London in 1995, according to the school's alumni newsletter.
5. Of Lebanese origin, Tala boasts the same beautiful qualities as her famous sister of almond-shaped eyes, glossy dark hair and a slender, statuesque physique.
For the full story and exclusive photos pick up this week's issue of HELLO! magazine out now.