Mariah Carey announces Las Vegas residency

hellomagazine.com

Mariah Carey has signed a Las Vegas residency deal at Caesar's Palace. The pop diva made the announcement when chatting to Ellen DeGeneres on The Ellen DeGeneres Show – set to air on TV on Thursday.

The Grammy-winning singer said: "I'm going to do my first ever residency in Vegas at Caesars. This is a special event for me."

"And again, I have to hope that the fans will enjoy this cause I'm gonna be performing, which was kind of inspired by my album Number 1's, and this is now the updated version with 18 of them," added the star.



The songstress was seen in Las Vegas last week, when it is understood she was finalising and signing the million-pound deal. She was seen leaving The Cheesecake Factory at Caesars Palace with her three-year-old twins, Monroe and Moroccan.

According to TMZ, Mariah will be filling in for the resort and casino's current resident, Celine Dion, who is planning to take an indefinite break that could last months or maybe even a year.

Celine announced last August that she was postponing her Las Vegas residency and cancelling remaining tour dates to care for her husband René Angélil, who had a tumor removed from his throat in December 2013.



In a statement Celine, 46, said: "I want to devote every ounce of my strength and energy to my husband's healing, and to do so, it's important for me to dedicate this time to him and to our children.

Speaking to People magazine, Celine added: "I also want to apologize to all my fans everywhere, for inconveniencing them, and I thank them so much for their love and support."

While Mariah’s fee for the residency is not known, it is thought to be considerably more than the reported $30million Britney Spears got for her two-year residency show at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino.

More on: