Mel B defends husband Stephen Belafonte following 'hostage' claims

hellomagazine.com

Mel B has once again defended her husband Stephen Belafonte. Following claims in The Sun newspaper that the former Spice Girl missed an episode of the X Factor because she was "allegedly held hostage" by Stephen, Mel set the record straight on Twitter.

"Please don't believe what you read," she wrote. "It's all lies lies lies as usual."

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE

Mel says the claims against Stephen are "all lies"


The newspaper also reported that Stephen was being questioned by police over the alleged incident, which is claimed to have taken place over four days around 10 December when Mel missed one of the X Factor's live final shows due to illness.

"Both Mel and Stephen categorically deny this is true," a spokesperson for the couple told MailOnline. "The police have not contacted Stephen."

The original claims in The Sun read: "The Metropolitan police said yesterday, "We can confirm police in Kensington and Chelsea borough are investigating an allegation of false imprisonment. The allegation was reported on Monday 15 December. We are not prepared to discuss further.""


While much speculation has surrounded the reason why Mel missed the X Factor at the end of last year, the mother-of-three has remained adamant that it was not because her husband acted improperly towards her.

After reassuring her fans that "for the record my hubby never would lay a hand on me #lovemyfamily," Mel and Stephen put on a united front, posting several selfies and attending the Paddington premiere in LA as a family.

mel-2-VIEW GALLERY

The family put on a united front at the Paddington premiere in LA


Mel was also by Stephen's side when he was rushed to hospital after suffering back pain on 20 January.

"We are solid and are in a good place," said Stephen after leaving the emergency unit at an LA hospital. "Mel brought me to the hospital and has stayed by my side. I love my wife."

More on: