Brad Pitt has confirmed he will not be attending the premiere of his latest film, Voyage of Time, amid his ongoing divorce from Angelina Jolie. The star had been scheduled to appear at Wednesday's screening, but in a statement said he would be skipping the event so he can remain "focused on my family".
"Terence's Voyage of Time is an incredibly beautiful and unique experimental IMAX film for children and families chronicling the birth of time," the 52-year-old actor said. "I'm very grateful to be a part of such a fascinating and educational project, but I'm currently focused on my family situation and don't want to distract attention away from this extraordinary film, which I encourage everyone to see."
CLICK TO VIEW GALLERY
Brad Pitt will not be attending the premiere of Voyage of Time this week
It's been a week now since news broke that Brad and wife Angelina were splitting up after 12 years together and a two year marriage.
Angelina filed for divorce on Monday 19 September, citing irreconcilable differences in her paperwork, and listing the date of the couple's separation as 15 September. The Oscar-winning actress is seeking sole physical custody of their six children – Maddox, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and eight-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.
The star said he is "focused on my family situation" following his split from Angelina Jolie
"This decision was made for the health of the family," Angelina's attorney Robert Offer said at the time. "She will not be commenting, and asks that the family be given its privacy at this time."
A short while later, Brad broke his silence. "I am very saddened by this, but what matters most now is the well-being of our kids," he said in a statement to People. "I kindly ask the press to give them the space they deserve during this challenging time."