Celine Dion has reportedly told Donald Trump that she's not interested in playing at his U.S. presidential inauguration on Jan. 20, 2017. According to The Wrap, the Apprentice star's planning team attempted to book the French-Canadian talent for the event, with one friend of the president elect's confidently promising that he'd be able to entice the 48-year-old to perform.
However, when they checked with Celine's team a scheduling conflict made the prospect an impossibility - she's already booked to perform in Las Vegas, where she's currently in residency, that night. Neither Donald nor Celine have publicly commented on the matter, though she wouldn't be the first star to decline the offer to take the stage on Inauguration Day.
Celine Dion won't be performing at Donald Trump's inauguration
Several outlets have reported that Garth Brooks and David Foster both turned down the opportunity to perform for the soon-to-be president, while Andrea Bocelli, who initially agreed to an appearance, bowed out because of pressure from fans who don't support Donald's policies. Other A-listers who have reportedly been asked to head to Washington - but who have all declined - include The Beach Boys, Kiss and Elton John.
The only star who has committed so far is former America's Got Talent contestant Jackie Evancho. The 16-year-old will apparently sing the national anthem before Donald takes his oath of office.
Celine joins a long list of talent who have declined Donald's offer
Despite the lack of interest in what is usually a momentous day, Boris Epshteyn, the communications director for the Presidential Inaugural Committee, told The Wrap: "First class entertainers are eager to participate in the inaugural events. The inauguration as a whole will be an exciting and uniting celebration of freedom and democracy. We will be releasing further details at the appropriate time."