Victoria Beckham has revealed she has "handed the baton over" musically to her youngest son, Cruz, following a week of family celebrations that were notably missing her eldest son, Brooklyn.
The former Spice Girl celebrated her father Tony's 80th birthday at Hotel Café Royal this week alongside family and friends. Victoria later reflected on the occasion while appearing at the FT Business of Luxury Summit in Puglia, where she spoke candidly about the important role music has played throughout her life.
"Music has been a huge part of our family, my dad was a musician, obviously I come from a musical background as well, and we love that," she said.
"I think to be in a position where I can throw a fantastic party and celebrate with my dad, who has always been such an inspiration. My dad really was the first entrepreneur I ever learned from and so to be able to celebrate and enjoy with family and friends…"
Handing over the baton to Cruz
When asked whether she still showcases her own musical talents, Victoria joked that she now leaves performing to Cruz. "I've handed the baton over to my youngest son. Cruz is the performer now, he plays his instruments, he is very talented so I let him do that now."
While Victoria appeared in high spirits during the celebrations, Brooklyn was noticeably absent from the family gathering amid ongoing tensions within the Beckham family.
Earlier this year, Brooklyn claimed there had been "controlled narratives in the press about our family" during a public statement addressing the reported rift.
"I do not want to reconcile with my family. I'm not being controlled, I'm standing up for myself for the first time in my life," he said at the time.
Brooklyn also alleged that his father, David Beckham, had declined attempts to meet privately for his birthday celebrations.
"He refused all of our attempts, unless it was at his big birthday party with a hundred guests and cameras at every corner," Brooklyn said.
Victoria and David's billionaire business
Elsewhere during her FT interview, Victoria reflected on her decades-long journey building her fashion and beauty empire and admitted she spent years trying to distance the brand from celebrity perceptions.
"I've been in fashion for more than 20 years now and I was always very aware of people's preconceptions," she explained. "So for a long time, I tried to make it not about me, it was always about the product and it's really only been quite recently that I've started using myself."
She continued: "Because of those preconceptions, I didn't want it to be about me. And it's taken 20 years to have the confidence that I truly believe that now I've worked really hard to gain the respect and earn my place in this industry and people don't look at my brand as a celebrity brand."
Victoria added that this ultimately influenced her decision to open up in her Netflix documentary. "Up until that point, I did not want to talk about my past and my journey," she said.
The appearance comes after Victoria and David reportedly achieved billionaire status, with The Sunday Times Rich List estimating the couple's combined fortune at £1.185 billion.
Victoria reiterated: "I feel accomplished, it's been a rollercoaster over the last 25 years and I was transparent in my Netflix documentary, but to be able to say that fashion and beauty is profitable, that is something I am very very proud of."







