What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that are stored on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you visit a website. The cookies mean that the website will remember you and how you have used the site every time you come back. If you want to learn more about cookies, please visit aboutcookies.org. Please note this link will open a new window or browser tab.
Cookies are only associated with an anonymous user or your computer / device and do not reveal personal data. At any time you can access your browser settings to modify and / or block the installation of cookies sent by web sites such as hellomagazine.com, without preventing access to the contents. However, the quality of the operation of the services may be affected.
Users who complete the registration process or have logged in with their access data will have access to personalized services tailored to their personal preferences according to information provided at the time of registration and stored in the cookie on their browser.
The email-marketing tools that hellomagazine.com uses, use small invisible images for users that are included in emails. This technology allows us to know if an email has been read or not, on what date, and the IP address from which it has been consulted, etc. With this information, we conduct statistical and analytical studies on the sending and receiving of emails to improve our subscription services and provide information that may be of interest to our Users.
Our cookies don’t hold personal information such as your name or bank details. They simply let us find information once you’re logged in or help link your browsing information to you and your personal information when you choose to register for a service or newsletter. To do this we sometimes use persistent cookies. We take looking after your personal information seriously – we are always monitoring and improving how we protect it. We have put our cookies into the following categories to make it easier to understand why we need them:
- Strictly necessary – these are used to help make our website work efficiently.
- Performance – these are used to help analyze the way our website works and how we can improve it.
- Functionality – these help to enhance your experience by doing things like remembering what you did on a previous visit.
In addition to this, sometimes other HOLA Group companies will add a cookie to show you adverts and pages which may be of interest to you.
Why they are important?
Cookies are useful for several reasons. From a technical point of view, they allow web pages to work better and can tailor preferences, such as language, country currency or identify the device used. They also help those responsible for websites to improve the services offered, thanks to the statistical information garnered from them. They also establish levels of protection and security that can prevent or hinder cyber attacks against the site or its users. Finally, they serve to streamline the advertising we show you, thanks to which we can offer services for free.
What are the different types of cookies we use?:
- Those that expire when your session expires or when you leave the page or close the browser, i.e. are active for the duration of the visit to the website and therefore are deleted from your computer upon quitting.
- Permanently expires when the purpose for serving them is met or when they are manually deleted, they have deletion date and are commonly used in the online purchasing process, customizations or registration, to avoid having to constantly enter a password.
- Party cookies are those cookies that are sent to your computer and run exclusively by us for the better functioning of the Web Site. The information we collect is used to improve the quality of our service and your User experience.
- If you interact with the content of our Site you may also be sent third party cookies (for example, pressing/watching videos hosted on other websites or social media buttons), which are established by a different domain to our website. We can not access the data stored in the cookies of other websites when you browse the Web Sites mentioned.
During your visit to the Web Site, a cookie is placed on your computer, for the following purposes:
- To provide Users with a better service and customized content.
- To measure User’s preferences and behaviour when navigating through a Web Site.
- To allow third parties (such as advertisers) to deliver relevant advertisements and content.
- To provide general analytics.
- To gather information in both identifiable and anonymous forms.
- To assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities.
In addition, third parties (such as advertisers) may place a cookie on your browser when carrying out advertising campaigns on the Web Site.
To improve performance
Some cookies, which may be provided by third parties, retain their preferences or services and therefore do not have to be reconfigured every time you visit. Some examples are: the volume of media players, or playback speeds of compatible videos. In the case of e-commerce it can keep information about your shopping preferences.
For statistical analysis
Cookies allow us to statistically analyse the number of visitors and their activity. Thanks to that we can study traffic to and from our website, and improve the products or services we offer.
Cookies are used by programmes to geographically locate the status of your computer, smartphone, tablet or SMARTV providing a completely anonymous way to manage content and relevant services.
When you register on our site, cookies identify you as a registered user and indicate when you have logged on. These cookies are used to identify your user account and its associated services. These cookies are kept as long as you remain on the site, don’t close your browser or shut down your device. These cookies can be used in conjunction with data to identify individual preferences in our portal.
These allow us or third parties to provide effective management of the advertising space on our Web Site, adapting the content of the advertising, requested service or usability of our website. Thanks to this we can identify internet browsing habits and show relevant related advertising.
Other third-party cookies
Third-party cookies can be installed to support, manage and improve the services they offer. An example of this use are the links to social networks to share our content. Some services of HELLO! connectors can be used with various social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, etc. By using the social register, you authorize the social network to store a persistent cookie. This cookie remembers your ID service, making it much faster to access on subsequent visits. This cookie can be eliminated, and can also override permissions and access the services of HELLO! from the privacy settings for the specific network.
List installing third-party cookies:
- 24/7 Media
- Right Media
- SMART AdServer
How I can set my preferences and revoke consent to accept cookies?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer, and can revoke the consent previously given, by setting the options on your web browser. In the case where the block a cookie, you may need certain services that are not available to you.
Here are links where you will find information on how you can update your preferences:
- Cookies Flash
- Internet Explorer™:
- Windows Phone
Finally, you can visit Your Online Choices where you will find useful information and where you can configure third-party advertising cookies.
You can contact us about our Cookies Policy at email@example.com.
List and description of cookies:
The table below shows the cookies described above and used in the website www.hellomagazine.com
|Types of cookies||Description||Third party cookies||Info/Opt-out|
|First party cookies||First party cookies are those cookies that are sent to your computer and run exclusively by us for the better functioning of the Web Site. The information we collect is used to improve the quality of our service and your user experience.|
|Funcional cookies||When you register on our site, cookies identify you as a registered user and indicate when you have logged on. These cookies are used to identify your user account and its associated services. These cookies are kept as long as you remain on the site, don’t close your browser or shut down your device. These cookies can be used in conjunction with data to identify. Some cookies, which may be provided by third parties, retain their preferences or services and therefore do not have to be reconfigured every time you visit. individual preferences in our portal.||
|For statistical analysis||These allow us to statistically analyse the number of visitors and their activity. Thanks to that we can study traffic to and from our website, and improve the products or services we offer.||
|Advertising cookies||These allow us or third parties to provide effective management of the advertising space on our Web Site, adapting the content of the advertising, requested service or usability of our website. Thanks to this we can identify internet browsing habits and show relevant related advertising.||
- You can find out how behavioral advertising works, information about cookies and the steps you can take to protect your privacy on the Internet by visiting: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
- For more information about cookies and your rights as a user visit Information Commissioners Office: https://ico.org.uk/