Let it snow! Keep the kids busy during the holidays with this delightful festive recipe from budding young cooks from Annabel Karmel. See more super-cute kids' Christmas bakes in HELLO! out now.
Makes: 12 cupcakes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For the cupcakes
125g/4½oz butter, softened
125g/4½oz caster sugar
150g/5oz self-raising flour
1tsp vanilla extract
For the icing
200g/7oz fondant icing sugar
2-3tbsp cold water
For the decoration
12 large white marshmallows
12 medium white marshmallows
Edible silver baubles
Orange jelly beans
1-2 chocolate Flakes, broken into short lengths
Oreo cookies, cut in half horizontally
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cupcake cases.
2. Put all the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk until light and fluffy then spoon into the muffin cases. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until pale golden and well risen. Remove and leave to cool.
3. Meanwhile, mix the fondant icing sugar with some cold water until a good spreading consistency.
4. Cover each cupcake with some icing then place 1 large marshmallow in the centre of each cake. Use a little icing to stick medium-sized marshmallows on top of the large ones to make the snowmen's heads.
5. Press silver baubles into the marshmallows to make the eyes and the buttons. Shape the orange jelly beans to make the snowmen's noses then wrap an orange peel scarf around each snowman.
6. Make holes in the sides of the large marshmallows and stick short lengths of Flake either side to make the arms.
7. Make the hat from one half of an Oreo cookie and stick a Rolo on top.
8. Dust all over with icing sugar.
Great for a children's Christmas party, our recipes also make lovely little gifts. For more festive food inspiration and exclusive recipes, join the AK Club for free at annabelkarmel.com.