Whip up this delicious sticky honey aubergine and halloumi burger from Kikkoman this National Vegetarian Week. With its delicious Teriyaki BBQ flavour, this burger is a delicious alternative to meat.
Takes 30 minutes
2 small aubergines, or 1 large
4 tbsp olive oil
8 tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki BBQ Sauce with Honey
250g block halloumi cheese, sliced into 8
4 sesame seed burger buns, halved and cut side toasted
4 large handfuls rocket leaves
- Slice aubergine into 8 thick rounds, discarding the ends, and brush each round with oil.
- Place in a frying pan and cook for 4 minutes each side.
- Turn the heat down and add Kikkoman Teriyaki BBQ Sauce with Honey, coat the aubergine slices and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, griddle the halloumi slices for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Place rocket leaves on the bottom of a toasted bun, then add 2 slices of aubergine, a spoonful of the leftover sauce from the pan, then top with the halloumi and bun lid.
See all of our delicious recipes here.