Tom Kitchin has made his name as an innovative and talented chef, known for becoming the youngest winner of a Michelin star. Now the celebrity chef has revealed how to cook gourmet cuisine in a combination microwave as part of a collaboration with Panasonic. "Many people believe that microwaves can only be used to reheat pre-prepared meals but advanced technology means they can do so much more than that," Tom says. "Using a seasonal selection of fresh ingredients, this kitchen essential makes it easy to create quick, clever, innovative and great tasting meals." Read on for the details on how to make his roast crisp pork belly recipe at home.
· 1kg Pork Belly
- Place the pork belly onto a raw meat chopping board. Using a sharp knife, lightly score the skin making criss cross inserts.
- Season the belly with rock salt all over.
- Place on tray before cling filming. Place in fridge for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, remove the pork belly from the fridge. Preheat the Panasonic Microwave to Combination Oven at 200 degrees and grill setting 1.
- Place the pork on the wire rack with the tray underneath. Pour boiling water on the tray underneath.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn the Panasonic Microwave down to 160 degrees and cook for a further 3 hours.
- If at the end of cooking the skin requires more crisping, change the oven setting to grill setting 1 for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables and enjoy.
See the latest food news and recipes here.