National Cheesecake Day falls on 30 July 2017, and there is no better way to celebrate than with this delicious and fruity baked dessert from Waitrose. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 15 minutes + chilling
Cooking time: 1 hour - 1hour 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes - 1 hour 25 minutes
Serves: 8 – 10
- 150g digestive biscuits
- 75g butter, melted
- 420g Waitrose British Cherries, pitted and halved, reserve 12 whole cherries to decorate
- 2 tbsp cherry brandy
- 400g soft cheese
- 250g tub ricotta
- 3 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Eggs, beaten
- 50g caster sugar
- Icing sugar to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Place the biscuits in a food processor and pulse to make fine crumbs. Mix in the melted butter and press into a 20cm round loose-bottomed cake tin. Place on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the cherries in the brandy for 5 minutes, then cool slightly.
- Whisk the soft cheese, ricotta, eggs and sugar together. Gently stir in the cherries and liquid to give a marbled effect. Pour over the biscuit base in the tin and bake for 50-60 minutes until just set. Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving topped with the cherries and a dusting of icing sugar.
For more baking recipes, visit recipes here.