Celebrity chef Gizzi Erskine has shared her recipe for indulgent chocolate orange flavour cookies, made with The Groovy Food Company coconut flour, sugar and oil. A delicious sweet treat!
Makes 8 cookies
- 50g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- 50g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Sugar
- 100g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 110g Hand cut milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Free range eggs
- Zest of 1/2 Orange
- 1/4 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 -14 minutes
MORE: See all of our delicious recipes here
- Preheat the oven to 170C, and lay some baking parchment on a greased baking tray.
- In a bowl, blend together the coconut flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Next mix in the eggs, organic virgin coconut oil, vanilla and chocolate chips until everything is mixed well and you have a loose dough.
- Wet your hands to prevent sticking, and roll the dough into 9 balls, placed evenly on the baking tray.
- Press down with the palm of your hand so they are about 1.5cm thick.
- Place in the oven for 12-14 minutes, until the bases are lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes before eating, but do eat warm with milk or plant milk.
See our latest food news and features here.