Gizzi Erskine's Chocolate Orange cookies recipe. Find out how to make these cookies with The Groovy Food Co coconut oil
Celebrity chef Gizzi Erskine has shared her recipe for indulgent chocolate orange flavour cookies, made with The Groovy Food Company coconut flour, sugar and oil. A delicious sweet treat!
Makes 8 cookies
- 50g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- 50g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Sugar
- 100g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 110g Hand cut milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Free range eggs
- Zest of 1/2 Orange
- 1/4 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 -14 minutes
MORE: See all of our delicious recipes here
- Preheat the oven to 170C, and lay some baking parchment on a greased baking tray.
- In a bowl, blend together the coconut flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Next mix in the eggs, organic virgin coconut oil, vanilla and chocolate chips until everything is mixed well and you have a loose dough.
- Wet your hands to prevent sticking, and roll the dough into 9 balls, placed evenly on the baking tray.
- Press down with the palm of your hand so they are about 1.5cm thick.
- Place in the oven for 12-14 minutes, until the bases are lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes before eating, but do eat warm with milk or plant milk.
See our latest food news and features here.