Troubled Lindsay Lohan leaves rehab moments after checking in and could now face arrest

There's a new twist in Lindsay Lohan's troubling tale. The star was due to enter rehab on Thursday morning to begin her 90 days of court-ordered treatment. However, according to reports in the US, she failed to check into Morningside Recovery in Newport Beach.

Lindsay, 26, is said to have been "spooked" by the amount of reporters waiting outside the facility, and refused to check in. Law enforcement sources have now said that prosecutors will seek an arrest warrant if she is not back in rehab by sunrise.

"She felt Morningside was not suitable for her," a source told US Weekly. "There were too many paparazzi everywhere and she didn't feel safe. Nobody close to her is happy about this. They think she's really not being smart.




"As of now, she is not in compliance with what the court was going to allow her to do," the insider added, saying friends and family of the actress are "fed up" with her behaviour.

"She was shopping at an electronics store, then she was on the (rehab) property for a couple of minutes but got spooked by the paparazzi," a source told the New York Daily News of Lindsay's abrupt exit. "She was saying, 'I'm not going to rehab. I'm not going to rehab. Take me back to the airport'."

According to the paper, she then headed to LAX, presumably to catch a flight to New York.


"If there's credible confirmation she's heading back to New York, then I'm going to have to go in and ask the court to issue a warrant," Santa Monica City Attorney Terry White said.

Lindsay's father Michael has also confirmed that his daughter — whose whereabouts are currently unknown — didn't check in to Morningside. "I have no choice than to get this out there to help Lindsay," he told Radar Online. "If that's the case (that's she in New York), I have been told that she will be arrested in New York and her bail will be set at $100,000."

Earlier in the day, as Lindsay was arriving at rehab, her attorney, Mike Heller, was standing in front of a judge attempting to get the facility approved after Lindsay decided to switch centres at the last-minute.



She had originally been scheduled to complete her 90-day program at the Seafield facility in New York. Going to a different centre unapproved by the court meant she had technically broken her plea agreement, and her attorney had to appear before the judge.

He argued that since Lindsay had already entered and was "ensconced" in the program, it could effect her recovery is she had to move facilities.

"She is going to be meeting with a psychiatrist later today," Mr Hellen said, explaining that the actress was "commencing immediate treatment".

You're on HELLO!'s global site. Click to return to HELLO! India Go back