Miranda Hart has downplayed speculation that she will act as a presenter on The Generation Game when it allegedly re-launches next year.
The comedian and writer took to Twitter to set the record straight, after various news outlets reported that the BBC had taken Miranda on board.
"Apparently it's 100 per cent cert I am doing Gen Game," she wrote. "First I've heard of it. Mulling some ideas about it might be more accurate."
CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE
Miranda Hart wrote on Twitter that she was 'mulling' the idea over
She followed up with another post: "It's nice to see your thoughts re Gen Game but to reiterate let's 'shut that door' on it for now. It's one of a few private brainstorms."
The classic game show – which involves families competing against each other in challenges – was last aired on television in 2002. Previous presenters have included Sir Bruce Forsyth, Larry Grayson and Jim Davidson.
BBC1 controller Charlotte Moore said that the new show would be "a modern reinvention" that she hoped would become the next Saturday night big hit.
"Miranda will bring a very different flavour to it," Charlotte told The Guardian. "Her wit and spirit behind it will naturally move it into the modern era. Miranda is brilliant at engaging with people, she loves that interaction. She'll be brilliant."
Earlier this year Miranda, 41, was said to be in talks to act as the host on the show, which first launched in 1971.
The Call the Midwife actress appeared in its one-off special for Comic Relief in 2011, alongside comedian David Walliams.
This year has seen Miranda perform nationwide in her sell-out tour – My, What I Call, Live Show – which has had extra dates added to it due to popular demand.